The Nosebleed Seats: Week Eight

November 3, 2010
Exclusive

Host Matt Ellis and J.J. Puorro. Shot & Edited by Mark Cole.

6 Comments

1. scarey   |  Wednesday, 03 November 2010 at 9:14 am

Wait.. I think I know.. with the lockout looming, it becomes a fact that bananas are cheaper than $$ and they are starting to hire you gorillas to replace those high priced players??? BTW – do you know what’s going on with the lockout? what’s in the way? I haven’t had the opportunity to look into that, wondering if you have an instant answer?

Yeah.. it was an interesting week. Moss, Favre, Childress, McNabb, etc…

2. J.J.   |  Wednesday, 03 November 2010 at 10:49 am

Jo Jo did a great job!!! I agree, Jo Jo is better than Matt.

I am going to the Zoo on NFL Sunday with a bouquet of Bananas…you joining me, Matt? Jo Jo has 4 plasma screens and DirecTV! One rule though…no Dolphins jerseys….

3. Matt   |  Wednesday, 03 November 2010 at 12:21 pm

I’ll bring some tranquilizers. JoJo scares me.

4. Gilbert A. Garcia   |  Wednesday, 03 November 2010 at 12:28 pm

I am enjoying Matt and Jo Jo’s Nosebleed Seat segments! Better picks than the Fox NFL PreGame Shows. Matt Ellis I remember from CSDR days. Jo Jo, new to me, but you two have a great chemistry to do this. Ever think of going national? Televised like Deaf Mosaic? Might reach a greater audience and more to that: ever think of discussing picks for NBA or MLB? Keep this up, you guys are both doing great!

5. Matt   |  Thursday, 04 November 2010 at 4:01 pm

Hey Gilberto!
    Yeah I enjoy doing them. JJ’s a great co-host. Mark Cole is a great director.
    We have been at this going on 2 and half years now. We are open to going national. TV would be great. A set would be great. Guest analysts would be great. More toys for Mark to play with would be great. More bananas for Jo Jo would be great!
    For now, we will continue posting here on ASLhub.com and see where the road leads us.
    Thanks for watching!

6. J.J.   |  Saturday, 06 November 2010 at 2:45 pm

Scarey,

As for the lock out…it actually looks good. Bob Kraft did an interview in the past 1-2 weeks in which he basically said the owners want to do a deal…and have it done by year end (football season) before free agency starts. Also, there were some positive words from players over the last few months.

Nonetheless, the issues are extremely complicated….but I am HOPING hard that there will be a “rookie scale” like the NBA has…where rookies cannot make insane amounts of money and gotta live with their deals. That would bode well for the Pats with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds of 2011.

One thing for sure…there will be a NFL draft regardless…..

Here’s the Kraft article (a good read , BTW…for Pats fans like us at least LOL): http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/11/03/footballs-true-patriot/

-J.J.